Code of Conduct
The following rules
for library conduct are policies of the Board of Trustees and also reflect
fire or health regulations.
1. Smoking and recreational drugs in the library, including restrooms,
meeting room, the outdoor reading courtyard, and the parking lots are
2. Food is prohibited in the library. Beverages in covered containers are allowed everywhere
EXCEPT at the computer workstations. Special arrangements for light refreshments in the
meeting room must be cleared with the Library Director when the room is scheduled.
3. Pets, with the exception of animals serving impaired or disabled
patrons, must be carried by the patron.
4. Loud or abusive language is prohibited in the library or on the
5. Sleeping in the library is prohibited.
6. The use of rollerskates, rollerblades, skateboards, etc., in the
library or on the library grounds is prohibited.
7. Actions, including public displays of affection, which are
disruptive or distracting to others are prohibited.
8. All patrons are required to treat the facility, equipment and
grounds with respect. Any acts of vandalism will be reported immediately
to the village police department.
9. There will be no solicitation of library personnel or patrons on the
10. All cellular phones and audible pagers will be used only in the
lobby of the library.
11. Upon request, patrons will show staff members contents of bookbags,
backpacks and other totes.
12. No knives, guns, other weapons or dangerous ordnances are permitted
on the Community Library property. Anyone found in possession of same will
be asked to leave immediately.
Parents are responsible for the behavior of their children while they
are in the library. If it is determined the child is lost or left
unattended, the library staff will attempt to notify the parent(s). If the
parent cannot be reached the village police will be called for resolution.
Patrons who fail to comply with Community Library's Code of Conduct
will receive a warning. If the action continues the patron will have their
library privileges suspended and/or be evicted from the library.
6/1994, r. 4/2000, r. 3/2006
Top of Page