Meeting Room Policy
1. The Community Library meeting room may be scheduled by groups
when it is not being used for library programming. The room complies with
regulations for groups up to 50 people. The group is responsible for meeting ADA
requirements with regard to providing certified sign language interpreters for
the hearing impaired.
2. All events held in the meeting room must be open to the public, have no admission charge and no
items or services sold (excluding program materials). Only the library employees and the Community
Library Friends may use the facility for fund raising events which are designed to benefit Community
3. An adult (at least 21 years of age) member of the group with a current
Community Library patron's card in good status, must complete the Application
for Meeting Room Use Form and return it to the Library Director at least two
weeks prior to the meeting. A check for $15.00 made out to Community Library
will be required as a deposit against damages or failure to clean the room. If
the room is left as it was found, the check will be returned. The adult
reserving the room will be in the meeting room throughout the event and is
responsible for any damage to the room or its contents.
4. Cancellation of the reservation must be made 24 hours in advance. Failure
to cancel may result in denial of future use of facilities.
5. The library's name and address should not be used as the official address
or headquarters of a scheduling organization. Permission to use the meeting room
does not imply the Community Library Board of Trustees supports the event.
6. No hazardous materials such as flammable liquids, fuels, adhesives, etc.,
are permitted in the meeting room.
7. All people attending the event must comply with the library Code of
Conduct. Anyone interrupting the normal library functions by abusing the Code of
Conduct will be asked to leave the premises.
8. The reserving group is responsible for setting up the room and returning
the room to original set-up when finished. All trash is to be taken from the
room as instructed.
9. All events must begin during regular library hours. If the meeting is to
extend beyond closing time, the adult reserving the room is to check the
bathrooms, kitchenette, and meeting room, turn off lights as instructed, and
secure the front door.
10. If the library is closed due to hazardous weather conditions, the meeting
room events will be canceled and it is the responsibility of the group to notify
its members. Rescheduling the event in the meeting room will be determined by
the library calendar.(8-98)
Click here for application or ask at the Reference Desk.
Top of Page