Community Library is accepting applications for a part-time library clerk.
Click here to download an application for employment.
Hours: 20 hours per week
Rate: $9.00 per hour
Schedule varies, but applicant must be able to work two nights a week and two Saturdays a month.
Performs varied clerical library services in the circulation of books, periodicals, materials, equipment, and related collection items and assists patrons in using library services and facilities.
- Receives oral or written instructions from library director.
- Plans work according to established procedures.
- Prioritizes tasks within work assignment.
- Greets visitors to library.
- Assists library patrons in use of materials.
- Responds to requests for information and assistance, or refers inquiries to a professional librarian.
- Charges and discharges library books, materials, and equipment.
- Reserves books and materials.
- Inspects returned books, materials and equipment for damage.
- Follows prescribed routine in receiving compensation for overdue, damaged, or lost library items.
- Monitors library facility and helps maintain a clean environment.
- Sorts and shelves books and periodicals as needed.
- Process new memberships.
- Enter and retrieve member and circulation information through the integrated library system.
- Processes new books and materials, and repairs minor damage to books, materials and equipment.
- Relieves other employees as directed by supervisor.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Ability to work effectively with library staff and patrons.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and information to staff and patrons.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
- Ability to acquire skills to operate computer applications for library services.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure.
- Ability to acquire a working knowledge of regulations and procedures pertaining to library operations.
Receives general supervision from the library director and task direction from shift supervisor.