Assistant Fiscal Officer
Community Library is accepting applications for a full-time Assistant Fiscal Officer.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Rate: Starting at $16.00 per hour
Applicant must be able to work Wednesday evenings and one Saturday a month.
Assists the Library Director/Fiscal Officer with administrative and business tasks. Performs secretarial, clerical, and bookkeeping work for the library. Also assists patrons in the use of library services, equipment, and facilities.
- Plans and organizes office work according to established or standard office procedures.
- Prepares correspondence and reports.
- Organizes and maintains office files.
- Orders and receives library materials and office supplies.
- Prepares and submits purchase order requisitions for approved orders.
- Prepares and submits approved invoices for payment.
- Processes payroll.
- Reconciles cash drawers and prepares bank deposit.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of library finances and business transactions, including but not limited to information on orders, payments, budget account activity and balances, gifts received and spent, etc.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records on personnel, as needed.
- Compiles annual financial report.
- Assists in planning annual appropriations.
- Prepares monthly financial reports for the Library Board of Trustees.
- Prepares information packets for Library Board of Trustees meetings, and posts meeting notices as directed.
- Transcribes and types minutes from Library Board of Trustees meetings.
- Performs general library work as needed.
- Attends staff meetings, board meetings, and participates in professional library organizations.
- Assumes responsibility for library in absence of the Library Director/Fiscal Officer and Assistant Director.
- Performs additional duties as assigned including serving on task forces, committees, etc.
- Bachelor's degree including course work in specialty highly preferred or equivalent experience.
- Thorough understanding of general business and office procedures, including bookkeeping and purchasing/receiving functions.
- Ability to word process/type with reasonable speed and exceptional accuracy.
- Ability to keep records accurately.
- Ability to organize work for efficient use of time.
- Ability to interact courteously and effectively with the public, with business contacts, and with other staff.
- Working knowledge of computers, with the ability to perform word processing, create and use spreadsheets, and use email.
- Ability to understand and interpret policies, procedures, and rules, including library, state, etc.
- Ability to work independently.
- UAN experience preferred.
Receives general supervision from the Library Director/Fiscal Officer. Supervises staff and volunteers in absence of Library Director/Fiscal Officer and Assistant Director.
Please submit application/resume to:
Click here to download an application for employment.
Chauncey Montgomery, Director
44 Burrer Dr
Sunbury, OH 43074