The following research databases are provided by Community Library and the Ohio Web Library. You may be asked to provide your zip code and/or patron ID when accessing the databases from a remote location.
Top of Page
- Academic Search Premier | (EBSCOhost)
- Full text for scholarly and academic magazines and periodicals -- covering nearly every area of academic study including: computer sciences, engineering, physics, chemistry, language and linguistics, arts and literature, medical sciences, ethnic studies, and many more -- from EBSCOhost.
- Ancestry - Library Edition
- With more than 5 billion names and 23,000 searchable databases, Ancestry.com is the #1 online source for family history information, including the web's largest collection of historical records.
IN LIBRARY USE ONLY.
- Auto Repair Reference Center
- Contains automotive repair information on most major manufacturers of domestic and imported vehicles starting as far back as 1945. Database content includes approximately 28,350 vehicles covered from 1945 to present; over 191,000 drawings and step-by-step photographs; approximately 72,000 technical service bulletins & recalls issued by the original equipment vehicle manufacturer; over 114,000 enhanced wiring diagrams for easy viewing and printing; and specifications & maintenance schedules.
- Biography Reference Bank
- A biographical database from Wilson, encompassing all the trusted Wilson resources including Wilson Biographies Plus Illustrated, Current Biography, and the Junior Authors & Illustrators Series. In addition to this list, Biography Reference Bank contains links to individual, full-text articles from the thousands of periodicals covered by other Wilson databases.
- Business Source Premier | (EBSCOhost)
- Full text business articles, research, and news updated daily from EBSCOhost.
- Consumer Health Complete | (EBSCOhost)
- Full text journals, magazines, and reference books from EBSCOhost dealing with health, wellness, fitness, and nutrition -- coverage includes a focus on the complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health and wellness.
- Delaware County Memory
- Delaware County Memory is an ongoing project sponsored by the Community Library Foundation containing digital images of resources that document the settlement and development of the Big Walnut area.
- Facts on File Science Online
- Curriculum-oriented database that offers a comprehensive, authoritative overview of the sciences. Diagrams, experiments, essays, definitions and biographies are arranged by topic and contain thousands of hyperlinks that create thematic paths through the content.
- Gale Courses
- Gale Courses contains hundreds of self-paced online courses that are easy to use and offered through a network of over 2,000 colleges and universities. Each course is monitored by an instructor and encourages interaction with other students in the course.
- Gale LegalForms
- One of the most extensive legal forms site available to library patrons. Thousands of legal forms available with more forms being added daily. Official, State Specific, Federal, Business, Personal, Real Estate and General forms covering hundreds of legal subjects and issues.
- HeritageQuest Online
- Combines digital, searchable images of U.S. federal census records with the digitized version of the popular UMI Genealogy and Local History collection. This online database is an essential collection of unique material for both genealogical hobbyists and professionals.
- Khan Academy
- Collection of over 3,900 videos covering K-12 math, science topics such as biology, chemistry, and physics, and the humanities. Videos are in digestible chunks, approximately 10 minutes long, and purposed for viewing on the computer.
- Kids Search
- Search for great information about things like animals, history, health, science, and what's in the news from children's magazines, encyclopedias, reference books, and more using a student research interface designed especially for youth in grades K-5
- LearningExpress Library
- Comprehensive, interactive online learning platform of practice tests and tutorial courses designed to help students and adult learners succeed on the academic and licensing tests. Create your own personalized and private account to track your progress.
- Literary Reference Center
- This comprehensive, full-text database provides a broad spectrum of information on thousands of authors and their works across literary disciplines and timeframes, giving students, professors, and researchers a foundation of literary reference works to meet their research needs.
- Literature Online
- Electronic books of American and English literature - poetry, drama, fiction, and the Bible - originally published in print.
- Mango Languages
- Mango is an online language learning system teaching practical conversation skills for real communication. It's the fast, easy, and effective way to learn to speak a foreign language.
- MasterFILE Premier | (EBSCOhost)
- Full text for a wide variety of periodicals covering general reference, business, health, education, general science, multicultural issues and much more. Also contains full text for reference books, biographies, and primary source documents, and an image collection photos, map, and flags -- updated daily from EBSCOhost.
- MedlinePlus brings together authoritative information from the National Library of Medicine, the National Institutes of Health, and other government agencies and health-related organizations.
- Non-profit consumer health web site providing high quality information created and evaluated by medical and health professional faculty from several Ohio universities.
- Newspaper Source | (EBSCOhost)
- Cover-to-cover full text for 20 national (U.S.) & international newspapers and selected full text for more than 230 regional (U.S.) newspapers, plus TV and radio news transcripts -- updated daily.
- Resource that provides reviews, annotations, subject heading access, and much more for over 135,000 fiction titles -- updated monthly.
- NoveList K-8
- Looking for a great book for that historical fiction book report? Want to find something like the book you just finished and loved? Do you want to find a story about a particular subject? Trying to find something interesting to read in study hall? NoveList can help you with all of these questions.
- Ohio History Central Encyclopedia
- Points of View Reference Center
- Containing resources that present multiple sides of an issue, this database provides the basis from which students can realize and develop persuasive arguments and essays, better understand controversial issues and develop analytical thinking skills.
- ReferenceUSA is a powerful online reference and research tool providing library cardholders instant, real-time access to accurate, in-depth information on 24 million U.S. businesses and 235 million U.S. residents. ReferenceUSA makes it faster and easier to find new business opportunities, research executives and companies, find news articles, conduct job searches, research papers, locate addresses and phone numbers, conduct market research and much more.
- Regional Business News | (EBSCOhost)
- Access to 75 business journals, newspapers and newswires covering all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States.
- Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps
- Large scale street plans -- including building outlines, property boundaries, and building use -- produced by the Sanborn Fire Insurance Company from 1867 to 1970.
- Science Reference Center
- A comprehensive research database that provides easy access to a multitude of full-text, science-oriented content. Designed to meet every student researchers needs, Science Reference Center contains full text for hundreds of science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals and other sources.
- Use this treasure map to search for great information about things like animals, history, health, science, and what's in the news from children's magazines, encyclopedias, reference books, and more. Click on an island to start your hunt for stories and pictures that will help with homework assignments. Click on the cave Tutorial to learn more about Searchasaurus.
- Student Research Center | (EBSCOhost)
- Student Research Center makes it easy for students to search by keyword or by topic to find the most useful search results. Results can be easily sorted by source type - magazines, reference books, photos, flags, etc.
- TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas. TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages.
- Workforce Skills
- Provides personalized, step-by-step job search assistance for all levels of job seekers. Job seekers can explore suitable occupations from over 1,000 detailed occupation profiles and find available jobs in their area from a database of over 5 million up-to-date job postings.
- World Book
- General reference including a dictionary, atlas, and an online version of the popular reference book set.