The following research databases are provided by Community Library and the Ohio Web Library. You may be asked to provide your zip code and/or patron ID when accessing the databases from a remote location.
Top of Page
Reference & Research Databases
- Academic Search Premier | (EBSCOhost)
- Full text for scholarly and academic magazines and periodicals -- covering nearly every area of academic study including: computer sciences, engineering, physics, chemistry, language and linguistics, arts and literature, medical sciences, ethnic studies, and many more -- from EBSCOhost.
- Auto Repair Reference Center
- Contains automotive repair information on most major manufacturers of domestic and imported vehicles starting as far back as 1945. Database content includes approximately 28,350 vehicles covered from 1945 to present; over 191,000 drawings and step-by-step photographs; approximately 72,000 technical service bulletins & recalls issued by the original equipment vehicle manufacturer; over 114,000 enhanced wiring diagrams for easy viewing and printing; and specifications & maintenance schedules.
- Facts on File Science Online
- Curriculum-oriented database that offers a comprehensive, authoritative overview of the sciences. Diagrams, experiments, essays, definitions and biographies are arranged by topic and contain thousands of hyperlinks that create thematic paths through the content.
- Points of View Reference Center
- Containing resources that present multiple sides of an issue, this database provides the basis from which students can realize and develop persuasive arguments and essays, better understand controversial issues and develop analytical thinking skills.
- ReferenceUSA is a powerful online reference and research tool providing library cardholders instant, real-time access to accurate, in-depth information on 24 million U.S. businesses and 235 million U.S. residents. ReferenceUSA makes it faster and easier to find new business opportunities, research executives and companies, find news articles, conduct job searches, research papers, locate addresses and phone numbers, conduct market research and much more.
- World Book
- General reference including a dictionary, atlas, and an online version of the popular reference book set.