The following research databases are provided by Community Library and the Ohio Web Library. You may be asked to provide your zip code and/or patron ID when accessing the databases from a remote location.
Top of Page
Homework Help Databases
- Biography Reference Bank
- A biographical database from Wilson, encompassing all the trusted Wilson resources including Wilson Biographies Plus Illustrated, Current Biography, and the Junior Authors & Illustrators Series. In addition to this list, Biography Reference Bank contains links to individual, full-text articles from the thousands of periodicals covered by other Wilson databases.
- Khan Academy
- Collection of over 3,900 videos covering K-12 math, science topics such as biology, chemistry, and physics, and the humanities. Videos are in digestible chunks, approximately 10 minutes long, and purposed for viewing on the computer.
- Kids Search
- Search for great information about things like animals, history, health, science, and what's in the news from children's magazines, encyclopedias, reference books, and more using a student research interface designed especially for youth in grades K-5
- Literary Reference Center
- This comprehensive, full-text database provides a broad spectrum of information on thousands of authors and their works across literary disciplines and timeframes, giving students, professors, and researchers a foundation of literary reference works to meet their research needs.
- NoveList K-8
- Looking for a great book for that historical fiction book report? Want to find something like the book you just finished and loved? Do you want to find a story about a particular subject? Trying to find something interesting to read in study hall? NoveList can help you with all of these questions.
- Points of View Reference Center
- Containing resources that present multiple sides of an issue, this database provides the basis from which students can realize and develop persuasive arguments and essays, better understand controversial issues and develop analytical thinking skills.
- Science Reference Center
- A comprehensive research database that provides easy access to a multitude of full-text, science-oriented content. Designed to meet every student researchers needs, Science Reference Center contains full text for hundreds of science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals and other sources.
- Use this treasure map to search for great information about things like animals, history, health, science, and what's in the news from children's magazines, encyclopedias, reference books, and more. Click on an island to start your hunt for stories and pictures that will help with homework assignments. Click on the cave Tutorial to learn more about Searchasaurus.
- Student Research Center | (EBSCOhost)
- Student Research Center makes it easy for students to search by keyword or by topic to find the most useful search results. Results can be easily sorted by source type - magazines, reference books, photos, flags, etc.
- World Book
- General reference including a dictionary, atlas, and an online version of the popular reference book set.