The following research databases are provided by Community Library and the Ohio Web Library. You may be asked to provide your zip code and/or patron ID when accessing the databases from a remote location.
Top of Page
Career & Learning Databases
- Gale Courses
- Gale Courses contains hundreds of self-paced online courses that are easy to use and offered through a network of over 2,000 colleges and universities. Each course is monitored by an instructor and encourages interaction with other students in the course.
- Khan Academy
- Collection of over 3,900 videos covering K-12 math, science topics such as biology, chemistry, and physics, and the humanities. Videos are in digestible chunks, approximately 10 minutes long, and purposed for viewing on the computer.
- LearningExpress Library
- Comprehensive, interactive online learning platform of practice tests and tutorial courses designed to help students and adult learners succeed on the academic and licensing tests. Create your own personalized and private account to track your progress.
- Mango Languages
- Mango is an online language learning system teaching practical conversation skills for real communication. It's the fast, easy, and effective way to learn to speak a foreign language.
- TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas. TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages.
- Workforce Skills
- Provides personalized, step-by-step job search assistance for all levels of job seekers. Job seekers can explore suitable occupations from over 1,000 detailed occupation profiles and find available jobs in their area from a database of over 5 million up-to-date job postings.